Saturday, January 5, 2008

HELLO SKIES!

It was an eventful week indeed. First I went to a good trip to Raigad and Janjira forts and enjoyed the last days of last year in Mighty presence of Fort Raigad, also enjoying a bit of adventure in the form of 'Journey To The Base of Raigad' in pitch dark, and only a mobile back-light to assist. As soon as I welcomed 'The New Year' late in the mourning, I received shock in the form of a news that said the results were due any time that day. I just wondered how cruel life can get.....why should the very first day of new year be marked as the worst day in next six months?(results were going to be out you see..). But yet again goodness prevailed and stopped the year from being started on bad note, 'the news' was just another rumor after all. Bless me,how relieved I was!

Anyways sooner or later the results were bound to come, and come they did. Eventually it was O.K. got 67%. At least distinction at last. So the year had started with a 'not bad' note on its head.

Now it was time to just relax a bit(which I was going to do anyways..),and enjoy cricket both on and off the field. Just then I got the news(this time a confirmed one) that Gaganvedhi
group, associated with astronomy and astrophysics, in our college of which I also happen to be a member on a post(which one I don't know..),had organized a sky-watch. Well, they couldn't have chosen a better time for it. I just wanted to get out the practical world and just watch things happen, for which, for a change, I was not going to be held responsible. Just watch the stars, group of stars, their interesting patterns, various subtleties of positions and formations of them, and enjoy some furious debates on ever debatables like 'the Bermuda triangle' etc.

In some chilling cold I enjoyed better part of this star gazing, but some time in the night the cold got better off me and I just changed the focus from skies to mother earth. An enjoyable stint with wood-fire with the watchman,raised the spirits once again. Again I was up and wondering, to see the Jupiter on the horizon and to see how do the trenches on moon actually look from a telescope. Just bless the great Gallilio, but for him, would anyone have seen the distant stars that make some meaning?

I just know one thing, the world is too big to fit into at least my imagination. Just got one damn clear message from deep inside me,'Boy, just live your life in the happiest possible manner.Don't dare to care about the rest. Lad, it ain't that small....'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will help me improve. So please leave your frank comment here.